The Georgia Charter Schools Association is deeply saddened by the devastating violence that claimed the lives of two educators and 19 children at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, TX. We mourn their loss and send our thoughts and prayers to the Uvalde community.
As your school community and parents work to process this violence and prepare for the upcoming school year, we hope you will attend our upcoming Member Call on Friday, June 3, dedicated to school safety. We also want to provide you with the following resources:
- Talking to Children About the Shooting – The National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Talking to Children About Violence: Tips for Parents and Teachers – National Association of School Psychologists
- Families who need emotional support can contact the National Parent Helpline at 1-855-4A PARENT (1-855-427-2736) Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Coping After Mass Violence – The National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- How to Help Uvalde Shooting Victims, Survivors and Their Families – The Texas Tribune