GCSA is working in collaboration with member schools across Georgia to hold Charter School “Open House” events during National Charter Schools Week, May 7-13! Select a date to a hold a Charter Schools Week event by Friday, April 21.
Once you choose a date, please email us so we can mark the event on our calendar and assist you with inviting elected officials and publicizing the event. The slide deck below includes an event checklist and a comprehensive toolkit.
View the links below to assist with planning your upcoming event:
GCSA 2022-2023 Legislator Crosswalk
National Charter Schools Week is an opportunity for Georgia’s public charter schools to demonstrate to elected officials and the broader community that charters are transforming public education and the lives of children.
Are you in? Follow the steps below, so we can help you promote your event!
SCHOOL PARTICIPATION: ACTION STEPS
BY FRIDAY, APRIL 21:
- Pick a date for your open house.
- Communicate the date to email@example.com
- Create a guest list! (Think: local board members, other local elected officials, civic org representatives, parents, prospective parents, and legislators!)
- Think through an agenda/run-of-show for your event.
ADVERTISE & INVITE:
- Start advertising your event in your community
- Send personal email invitations to important guests. (Email (firstname.lastname@example.org help coordinating those legislator invitations!)
We’ve created Georgia-focused action steps, resources and an NCSW toolkit – available for GCSA members in the membership area of GCSA’s website. You can also contact Michelle Wirth to receive the information directly by email.
For more information and resources, visit the National Alliance NCSW website.