Celebrate National Charter Schools Week with GCSA, May 8-14! This year, we’re working in collaboration with member schools across Georgia to hold “Charter School Open House” events during NCSW to welcome elected officials and stakeholders within their communities onto campus.
National Charter Schools Week is an opportunity for Georgia’s public charter schools to demonstrate to elected officials and the broader community that charters are transforming public education and the lives of children. Whether it’s highlighting the academic successes of our students or the strong parental demand for more schools, we have a lot to celebrate and share.
Are you in? Follow the steps below, so we can help you promote your event!
School Participation: ACTION STEPS
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE:
- Pick a date for your open house.
- Communicate the date to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create a guest list! (Think: local board members, other local elected officials, civic org representatives, parents, prospective parents, and legislators!)
- Think through an agenda/run-of-show for your event.
ADVERTISE & INVITE:
- Start advertising your event in your community
- Send personal email invitations to important guests. (Email (email@example.com for help coordinating those legislator invitations!)
We’ve created Georgia-focused action steps, resources and an NCSW toolkit – available for GCSA members in the membership area of GCSA’s website. You can also contact Michelle Wirth to receive the information directly by email.
For more information and resources, visit the National Alliance NCSW website.