- Each district has been awarded $50,000 for each school identified and appropriated
in the budget by the legislature to address security needs and enhancements.
- All districts are required to submit a budget per allocated school in the
Consolidated Application to receive approval for these funds.
- The funds may be spent on any one-time purchase of goods or services within this
scope but cannot be used for ongoing expenses such as salaries, rent, or vehicles.
The Initial email was sent from GaDOE sent on Tuesday, April 18. See “School-Security-Funds-Memo.pdf.”
- Districts may apply for reimbursement by submitting the invoices dated March 10,
2023 or later and other appropriate receipts through the Grants Application
beginning July 1, 2023.
- These funds are available for reimbursement through June 30, 2024, but districts
must submit their request in the GaDOE portal no later than March 1, 2024.
- Submit questions to Mike Sanders (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sarah