In order to continue operating, every charter must be re-authorized (renewed) at the end of its charter term, usually 5 years.
Through its CharterRenewal program, GCSA offers support to schools up to 18 months prior to renewal and throughout the renewal process. The program is designed to ensure that schools understand the most recent legal and regulatory requirements for local and state authorizers and that schools include key information in their charter renewal petition which will ensure a successful renewal and adherence to GCSA’s Quality School Standards.
- Operational Assessment
- Detailed Petition Review
- Budget/Financial Review
- Governing Board Training
- Performance Review from Past Charter Term
- Assistance in Drafting New Performance Objectives
- 10 hours of General Consulting (may include Governance Training)
If your school is interested in GCSA’s CharterRenewal services, please contact Elisa Falco, GCSA Executive Vice President of School Success, at email@example.com.
Resources on Charter Renewals
- 2014 Charter Renewal Memo (for locally approved charters)
- 2015 Charter Renewal Memo (when available, for locally approved charters)
- Charter Renewal PowerPoint (for locally approved charters)