GCSA Charter School Leadership Center is an effort to support new charter school leaders and develop a pipeline of well-qualified, aspiring charter school leaders.
CHARTER LEADERSHIP CENTER AIMS:
Who Should Attend?
The Charter Leadership Center is ideal for charter school leaders seeking to maximize their impact.
GCSA is proud to launch the Charter School Leadership Center
The center aims to build communication and community among existing, new, and aspiring school leaders who can collaborate to spread best practices in school leadership and improve the quality of educational opportunities for all students. The center will provide focused professional development in all aspects of charter school leadership to fill the pipeline with an entrepreneurial and visionary “new breed” of educators who are ready to effectively lead charter schools and close the achievement gap.
The Leadership Center will establish a “cohort” starting with five days of intensive professional development during the week of June 10-14, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the GCSA offices located at 211 Perimeter Center Parkway Northeast in Dunwoody, Georgia. This center will feature professional development based on the eight standards of effective school leadership as defined by the Leader Keys Evaluation System (LKES).
The topics covered will include, but will not be limited to:
- Understanding and Maximizing Your Leadership Style
- Fostering and Sustaining a Positive School Climate
- Managing Human Resources
- Establishing Effective Teacher Induction and Mentoring Programs
- Teacher Coaching and Documentation
- Implementing an Effective Plan for the Teacher Keys Evaluation System (TKES)
- Using Data to Drive Instruction
- School Improvement and Strategic Planning
- Budget and Finance
- Student Discipline and Due Process
- Services for Students with Exceptionalities
- Effective Communication with Parents and Stakeholders
- Marketing and Recruiting Students
- Culturally Responsive Leadership
- LKES and Ethical Leadership
- Working Effectively with Your Governing Board
- Action Research Project and Capstone Presentation
Charter Leadership Center Dates
In addition to the initial week of professional development, ongoing support will be provided by matching new and aspiring leaders to an established and effective charter school leader with a track record of success in the areas listed above. These mentors, with guidance and support from the GCSA School Services department, will provide individualized professional development opportunities in monthly cohort meetings as a means to follow up on operational and adaptive techniques learned during the initial week of professional development.
Register by May 29, 2019
- Five-day Intensive
June 10-14, 2019
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Monthly Cohort Meeting
July 13, 2019
August 10, 2019
September 14, 2019
October 12, 2019
November 9, 2019
December 14, 2019
$1000.00 per candidate
Group discounts available for multiple candidates from the same school or organization