We are excited to work with you!
How to Apply
To learn more about the incubator, follow the steps below:
1. The webinar will give a general overview of the application process and incubator program. Webinars will be available in April.
2. Applicants must attend the CharterDevelopment 101 program. Please sign up HERE.
3. Please read the FAQs before attending the webinar.
4. Once you’ve completed the webinar, click HERE to sign up for GCSA’s incubator.
About the GCSA Incubator
The Georgia Charter Schools Association is seeking applicants for its incubator program. Applicants can either apply as an individual or a team (teams will be given strong preference) to create a charter school. The team will be expected to serve as the founding governing board of the school. Teams that seek to serve a high need, low income community in either an urban or rural community will be given stronger consideration.
What is GCSA looking for? Who should apply?
Strong participants come from all academic and business backgrounds. It is best if the team of people working together, represents a diverse skillset in terms of issues that will arise throughout the charter process (education, law, finance, realty, etc.). Each individual will be assessed in the following areas throughout the interview process:
- A deep belief that all students deserve access to an excellent education regardless of his or her background. The right candidates will be committed to expanding opportunities for students in low income communities. Their approaches are grounded in a deep knowledge of the systemic challenges students in low income communities face every day.
- A strong history of achievement. Strong candidates can show a strong upward trajectory in his or her careers in an academic, professional, or volunteer setting.
- Grit / Perseverance. The right candidate never gives up. Starting a school is hard, and our students require leaders who are committed to leading them through challenging situations.
- Unwavering focus on high standards. Students in Georgia already have subpar educational opportunities. We are looking for people who are willing to work relentlessly to change that by creating a high-achieving charter school.
- Strong research and writing skills. Applicants will be required to submit a writing sample and complete a timed activity. Writing a successful charter petition is an undertaking and requires a strong command of the written language.