by Guest Author
How We Can Help with Your Charter School Enrollment Marketing
It’s never too late to start thinking about upping your charter school enrollment marketing game! Start prepping now for open houses in the spring, and get your summer enrollment marketing efforts planned for summer! Not sure where or how to get going?
Practicing best-in-class enrollment marketing can help you:
- Increase Traffic: Increase organic traffic by optimizing your website and social media channels
- Raise Awareness: Targeted marketing efforts will help raise community awareness of your school, attracting new families and potential future students
- Increase Enrollment: Attract more families, engage with them, nurture them, and convert them to boost student enrollment
- Retain Students: Retaining your current students is vital to your school’s longevity and more cost effective than attracting and acquiring new ones
Charter School Capital’s Enrollment Marketing Program is designed to positively impact your charter school’s viability by boosting enrollment numbers through targeted marketing efforts. You can choose a program that focuses on generating awareness primarily through digital marketing, or one that also includes “ground game” marketing to convert applicants to enrollment. All efforts will be customized for each school’s unique needs, and may include the following:
- Updated Website (if deemed needed) with Spanish language support where appropriate
- Organic Search (optimizing website for search results)
- Paid Search (Google, Niche)
- Landing Pages to Capture Interest
- Facebook and Twitter Social Media Engagement
- Surveys / School Ratings
- Postcards / Brochures
- Email Campaigns to Your Parent / Former Parent Lists
- Re-marketing / Retargeting Online Advertising
- Influencer Campaigns
- Display and Print Advertising
- Yard Signs and other Signage
- Radio / Other Advertising – where applicable
THE GROUND GAME
Organizing Open Houses / School Tours
- Ensure they’re regularly scheduled and staffed for parents and students to tour school and meet teachers (at least 2x/month)
Organizing Community Meet & Greets
- Arrange community meetings in libraries, coffee shops, pizza parlors, etc. for parents to casually meet other families and parents and staff from school to drive interest
Putting up lawn signs, passing out brochures in the community
- Going to doctor’s offices, supermarkets, etc. and ensuring community boards have brochures on them
- Making sure parents can put up lawn signs for the school in the summer
Providing photos and updates to the Charter School Capital team for social media
- Attend events or reaching out to other staff/parents/volunteers to gather photos and stories to share on Facebook and Twitter
Updating Charter School Capital team on school events, community reactions, etc.
- Weekly meetings with the Charter School Capital team in first month, bi-weekly thereafter
HOW IT WORKS
Download our one-page charter school Enrollment Marketing datasheet here
This is our second full year at CSC for Enrollment Marketing and have seen tremendous success with the clients we’ve worked with. For example:
GOOGLE MY BUSINESS
- One of our Enrollment Marketing school’s profile appeared in 12,346 searches, and over 2/3 were “Discovery. And, in one three-month period, 1100+ people took action from the listing – of those, 563 visited the website, 437 requested directions, and 187 called the school.
- For another of our Enrollment Marketing school’s, their profile appeared in 1700+ searches, and more than half were “Discovery” and from June 1 to August 1, 1500+ people took action from the listing – of those, 796 visited the website, 349 requested directions, and 366 called the school.
- In a three-month period, of the 2,975 users (or visitors to the website), 2,970 were classified by Google as new users, overall clicks increased by 145% and the click-through-rate increased 100% in that same period.
- With another one of our Enrollment Marketing clients, of the 2975 visitors to the website, 70% of traffic came from organic, referral, and social rather than from a direct search for the school’s name and we saw a 100% increase in organic search traffic over 28 days.
- For one school, we had 14,953 impressions from May 1-September 4, up from 11,504 engagements in the prior three-month period.
- For another school partner, Facebook “Engaged Users” increased from 756 on May 1 to 1907 on September 4, a 152% increase and they had 1200+ engagements from June 1-August 15, up from 230 engagements in the prior three-month period. Their Facebook “Likes” increased from 146 on April 1 to 557 on August 15, a 280% increase.
- In one Florida school, we drove 116 new enrollments.
- We drove 240 new enrollments for two schools in an Arizona CMO – they’re expanding to five schools in 2020.
We’d love to chat with you to learn more about your schools goals and answer any questions you may have about our Enrollment Marketing Program or any of our other charter school solutions. Connect with us toll-free at 877.272.1001 or visit us at www.charterschoolcapital.org