by Guest Author
Introducing the LaVon Group, your partner in child nutrition!
Running a child nutrition program effectively is no easy feat. As nutrition professionals we must ensure that our programs meet specific federal guidelines, all while being nutritious and delicious for our students. Limited staff and resources can make this a daunting task.
For the last 10 years, The Lavon Group has been helping child nutrition programs develop solutions for providing the best nutrition program for your students. The LaVon Group, Inc., is a team of business and education industry experts, with over 75 combined years of experience in the child nutrition and hospitality industries. This knowledge is used to provide expert training, program evaluation, assessment and development services to child nutrition programs across the Southeast.
What can the LaVon Group do for you?
- Provide options for new charters on the different programs available self-prep, catering company, outside vendors, etc.
- Improvement plans for existing charters within the food service program
- Complete make-over or switch gears to entirely new program(s)
- Guidance for new construction or remodeling space for food service Assist architect with kitchen & dining areas
- Design an efficient kitchen layout for most productivity
- Guidance on hiring personnel
- Analyze individual school and student needs
- Develop budget to maintain break-even program(s)
- Staff development to meet USDA, GA and local regulations
- National School Lunch/Breakfast Program compliance
- Identify all federal reimbursable programs available
- Menu development meeting nutritional guidelines
- Organize student taste testing introducing new food items
- Assist with procurement bid process and/or management of regulations
- Management training for success and fiscally sound program Assist with development of standard operating procedures
- Train and test for nationally recognized food safety certification
- Community awareness information
Recently, The LaVon Group has been heavily involved with assisting state agencies in completing their required Administrative and Procurement Reviews. This has been a tremendous experience and enables us to assist you in preparation for your federal, state and local reviews. We’ve had the privilege of working on both sides of the Child Nutrition fence and give your organization the insight no other company can.
We would love the opportunity to discuss solutions for your child nutrition program.
Please contact us to schedule a complimentary consultation.
Sherri Webber, President
firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 877-LaVon-13 | www.lavongroup.com