by Guest Author
Operating school food services and child nutrition program is a challenge even with financial support and adequate kitchen facilities. And through our years of consulting as a School Food Service Solution Provider, we’ve learned that no two schools are alike but that many may experience some of the same issues related to program compliance and ultimately providing healthy meals to kids. While some schools may need staff training and extra resources to prepare for an upcoming audit or review, others may outsource the more time-consuming administrative and compliance responsibilities.
Is your school food program faced with any of the five most common challenges?
5 MOST COMMON CHALLENGES OF SCHOOL FOOD PROGRAMS
- Access to kitchen facilities or need for help developing non-traditional method of providing school food meals
- Contracting for food services with third-party providers, including school districts
- Adequate staffing available to administer the programs
- Establishing reliable administrative systems to receive reimbursements, including electronic point of sale devices and meal benefit application systems
- Recruiting and hiring staff with experience in School Meal Programs
To schedule a free consultation or to explore a partnership with the Healthy School Food Collaborative contact James Graham, Executive Director, email@example.com.