by Georgia Charter Schools Association
- More school districts make decisions on school flexibility options: Colquitt chooses charter system. Bryan Co. chooses IE2. Baldwin still deciding. Valdosta City also in discussion.
- Lt. Governor Cagle gives a speech in which he says “We need visionaries who can invest in changing our education system and make it our No. 1 priority. Charter systems and college and career academies would result in “innovation and a tremendous, positive impact for Georgia.”
- Mike Klein pens a wonderful story about a New York Mom and her son whose lives change for the better when they move to Georgia and enroll in Westside Atlanta Charter School. The story is also featured on CharterConfidential.com
- Op Ed in Neighbor Newspapers by Don McKee supports the Governor’s OSD plan.
- CharterConfidential attempts to simplify understanding of CCRPI, the possible trigger for school turnaround under the OSD plan.
- Peach Pundit comments on the appointment of Stefan Ritter as chief of the Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission, noting that he successfully fought a lawsuit challenging the Georgia Charter Schools Commission.
- Atlanta Science Festival holds an event with partner, Drew Charter School