by Georgia Charter Schools Association
- Incoming Schools Supt. Richard Woods indicates he will be a team player with Governor Deal on education
- Tuesday morning stared with an Op Ed by Dick Yarbrough, a vocal opponent of the Charter School Amendment back in 2012, saying that he was wrong about the Charter Schools Commission. Story is picked up across the state.
- GCSA’s Tony Roberts responds to Dick’s gracious “mea culpa” with his own note of gratitude.
- WSB TV reports on Metro GA districts grappling with their choice and flexibility options
- Governor Deal reiterates support for Mountain Education Center Charter HS’s outreach to incarcerated women
- Baconton Community Charter student wins GA State Fair with a soup recipe
- GCSA’s Andrew Lewis cites figure of 12,000 students on charter school waiting lists across the state on our blog, says GA Legislators should pay attention to the demand for charters and choice
- AJC Political columnists quote Andrew Lewis’ charter wait list figures, speculate on education legislation spending