by Georgia Charter Schools Association
As the week opens, Georgia Legislators prepare travel to Louisiana to observe school turnaround efforts, and many weigh in on the Opportunity School District Plan. By week’s end the quarter-backing begins.
- Savannah newspapers discuss competing education reform plans circulating in the GA General Assembly.
- Rome, GA newspaper features guest editorial blasting the Deal turnaround plan
- ATL’s Creative Loafing reports on Deal plan with surprisingly positive POV
- CharterConfidential provides details on how one charter school is wasting no tame on remediation efforts to improve student achievement
- AJC reports on pushback from education status-quo groups regarding the Deal takeover plan; also on WABE
- Macon Charter Academy breaks ground, anticipating August 2015 opening
- Announcement of new dual language immersion school (state authorized charter) in Roswell
- AJC reports on Deal’s education delegation visiting New Orleans school district
- CharterConfidential provides perspective on the “war against AP U.S. History,” now surfacing in Georgia Legislature
- New Peach Byron charter HS faces another hurdle as it prepares to open — meeting Federal desegregation guidelines
- Scintilla Charter Academy continues enrollment push for August opening in Valdosta, GA