by Georgia Charter Schools Association
Charter news unfolded slowly this week with more analysis of what Louisiana-style recovery school district efforts have produced, and then caught steam as the Georgia senate voted in favor of Governor Deal’s Opportunity School District plan:
- AJC’s Greg Bluestein analyzes the political landscape as Governor Deal’s OSD proposal comes up for a vote in the Senate.
- Merger of two SW Georgia Colleges opens academic options for charter HS students
- AJC reporter travels to Louisiana, reports negatively on recovery district. But columnist Kyle Wingfield offers a positive POV on Louisiana’s school turnaround progress
- Georgia Senate votes on Thursday and passes OSD plan. EdWeek reports on it. Associated Press story runs across Georgia.
- CharterConfidential discusses importance of innovation in charter school leadership, need for mission-driven focus on hiring talent.