by Georgia Charter Schools Association
- Ivy Preparatory Mom and charter warrior Rae Harkness writes about why a single gender charter school option works for her son
- In the same week that a Fulton Science Academy student wins an essay contest, the school and its sister elementary school, Fulton Sunshine Academy, are not renewed by Fulton County. Governance issues and “self-perpetuating” board membership structure are cited as reasons.
- Leo Smith, GA GOP Director of Minority outreach posts on the disconnect between parents who seek charter options and passed the Charter School Amendment, and the politicians who seem to ignore that fact
- Delightful story on Kindezi School’s partnership with the Beltline Bike Shop, to teach STEM core concepts.
- Newly approved Peach Byron Charter HS, seeks student input in advance of August 2015 opening
- Proposed Columbia County charter group revising its petition
The views and opinions expressed on CharterConfidential are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.