by Georgia Charter Schools Association
This is a two-week catch up review of the news.
- Wesley International Academy’s Mandarin language program is recognized on national TV – 11/23 Today Show
- AJC story on healthy school lunch looks at Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School’s innovative “chef” driven lunch program where kids actually eat healthy food! Also reported in Politico Education.
- Diane Ravitch continues to rail against charter schools and the New Orleans experience, in a critique of APS’ decision to become a charter district
- Fulton Science Academy HS and Fulton Sunshine Academy denials of renewal reported in local press Also here.
- Rich Thompson introduces Georgia PTO initiative and how parents can up their “A” game through advocacy
- Clayton County’s new charter elementary option, Dubois Integrity Academy, is featured
- Lovely Op Ed by AJC’s Kyle Wingfield shares his gratitude for winning a place for his son at the new Atlanta Classical Academy, after sweating it out on the waiting list.
- GCSA’s success with Phone2Action mobile engagement tool is covered in Campaigns & Elections.
- Kindezi School granted authorization to expand to a second campus by APS
- Georgia gets high ranking in study on charter school accountability
- ANCS teacher Elizabeth Hearn discusses the benefits of teacher collaboration to create a Win-Win-Win school on our blog
- Bibb County’s new charter career academy conversion, Hutchings Center, gets $3M grant
- Strong GA Public Policy Foundation Op Ed on economic impact of choice and charters for middle class Georgians