by Georgia Charter Schools Association
- Charter school friend and colleague Ben Scafidi will launch KSU’s new Education Economics Center
- Kyle Wingfield Op Ed in the AJC argues that GA General Assembly should be “ambitious” in its education goals this session
- CharterConfidential.com says, “It Takes A Village to Govern A Charter School” – recruits citizens to serve on charter school governing boards
- Hillsdale College lauded for its work in seeding classical curriculum charter schools
- Drew Charter School wins “Dispelling Myths” award also gets a positive Op Ed from AJC’s Bill Torpy (he’s following the APS trial).
- Wingfield asks the question: “Why do we elect our school Superintendent?” in Georgia.
- SCSC’s Lauren Holcomb on the Commission’s new “onboarding resources” for newly approve charter schools.
- Associated Press coverage of Mountain Education Center Charter School’s HS diploma initiative with GA Dept. of Corrections gets widespread local and national coverage
- Columnist Erick Erickson probes further into the African-American vote and the promise of school choice
The views and opinions expressed on CharterConfidential are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.