by Georgia Charter Schools Association
Blockbuster week for charter school news in Georgia:
- AJC runs Eric Wearne’s Op Ed supporting the Louisiana Recovery School District model.
- Hall, Floyd, Fannin, and Baldwin counties convene on whether or not to choose the charter system accountability model
- Charlie Harper Op Ed writes on the importance of education in upcoming election from top of the ticket to the bottom. Especially good insights into GA Supt. race. Runs in several GA papers.
- Dick Yarbrough, an old charter amendment foe, manages to tease out Jason Carter’s views on charter schools in Op Ed on education that aims to talk to teachers about the gubernatorial race.
- GCSA announces the appointment of Allen Mueller, current Executive Director of Innovation for APS, to head New Schools for Georgia (NS-GA) its new charter school incubator.
- Druid Hills Charter Cluster organizers declare defeat and withdraw their petition in a stinging letter to DeKalb County School board. Hints in WABE follow-up story that secession is still on the table for the 7 schools in unincorporated DeKalb.
- Unexpected donation to GCSA from Sheth Family Foundation will expand charter options across Georgia
Are you following us on Twitter? We’re makign waves @CharterCnfdntal