by Georgia Charter Schools Association
Today is the last day for early voting in Georgia.
- Governor Deal awards $37M in broadband technology grants to GA schools — charters will also benefit
- Politico reports on the razor close GA Supt. race, differing views on charter
- Cover story in AJC by Wayne Washington incorrectly and negatively reports on Ivy Prep’s purchase of Memorial Drive shopping center property to consolidate its campus
- Albany Herald reports that Georgia Assoc. of Educators backs (R) Gerald Greene in House 151 race against (D) Ezekial Holley. Green expresses support for charters.
- Savannah Morning News endorses Buddy Carter for US Congress, notes his support for charters
- Rep. Ed Lindsey expresses support for Governor Deal’s education policies
- Politico again zeroes in on education funding issues in GA gubernatorial race
- As graduation rates inch up in GA, Bulloch County notes CCAT charter school’s success
- Clayton County also cites charter’s role in raising graduation rates
- Please read and share this week’s posts on CharterConfidential: At Utopian Charter Academy for the Arts, Dance Isn’t Just for Girls, Strong Charter Schools Drive Economic Development