by Guest Author
If you could put a layer of bubble wrap around your children to protect them from predators, would you? Revved Up Kids has trained thousands of children in the metro-Atlanta area since 2010 to recognize unsafe people, avoid dangerous situations, and escape predators; we are the bubble wrap for Atlanta’s children.
It is our belief that the easiest target for a predator is the child who doesn’t know they exist; our training teaches kids who predators are, how they operate, and how to respond if they meet a predator. Our training provides parents with a comfortable way to open the difficult dialogue about sexual abuse with their children, and helps children understand the issue in a non-frightening way.
Revved Up Kids programs are available for children, teens, adults and youth-serving organizations. Anyone who cares about children can benefit from our training. Although the content of our personal safety & self-defense classes varies based on the age group we are serving, every program includes the following components:
- Convenience ~ single session training that is mobile (taught at the time and place of each group’s choosing).
- Emphasis on empowerment ~ concepts are taught in an age appropriate, non-frightening context, and participants are taught that they have permission to say no and defend themselves against an attacker.
- Equipping parents and caregivers ~ training helps parents begin and continue an ongoing dialogue with their children about safety, and Revved Up Kids reinforces all training with e-mail follow ups to foster the family conversation.
- Customizable ~ Revved Up Kids works with each group to tailor our programs to meet the group’s training goals.
- Evidence based ~ program outcomes for elementary age children have been evaluated by a third-party researcher and determined to change children’s knowledge about who predators are, improve their everyday personal safety habits, and increase their confidence in responding to a predator.
Revved Up Kids works with private groups, schools, and youth serving organizations throughout metro-Atlanta and North Georgia. We have trained almost 12,000 children and teens to be safer from sexual abuse and violence, and it is our goal to train 1,000 children per week by 2020.
If your school is interested in learning more about incorporating Revved Up Kids training into your curriculum, please contact us at 678.526.3335 or by email email@example.com.